Pamlico County, North Carolina
From ENC Phillips Group Wiki
Pamlico County is a county located in the U.S. state of North Carolina. As of 2006, the population is 13,097 . Its county seat is Bayboro.
The county was formed in 1872 from parts of Beaufort County and Craven County. It was named for Pamlico Sound, which adjoins it. Pamlico County remains rural in character and flavor, although the last decade has brought a good deal of residential development, largely the result of northern retirees and investors attracted to the many miles of waterfront property. The county is anchored on the east by the village of Oriental, a popular waystation for boaters traveling the Intra-Coastal Waterway, and New Bern (just across the border in Craven County) to the west. New Bern is "the primary trade area" for Pamlico County.
The county is divided into five townships, which are numbered but not named.
- Beaufort County, North Carolina - north
- Hyde County, North Carolina - northeast (across Pamlico Sound)
- Carteret County, North Carolina - southeast (across the Neuse River estuary)
- Craven County, North Carolina - southwest (across the Neuse River estuary) and west
|Beaufort County||Hyde County|
|Craven County||Pamlico Sound|
|Pamlico County, North Carolina|
|Craven County||Carteret County|
Cities and towns
- Minnesott Beach
- Pamlico County government official website
- The Pamlico County Committee of 100 - Dedicated solely to economic development and the economic well-being of the entire business community.
- Pamlico County Chamber of Commerce
- The Pamlico News - The Weekly Newspaper for Pamlico County
- - The County Compass - Weekly newspaper serving Pamlico County, NC
- Town of Oriental Visitor's Information
- Official Website of the Town of Oriental
- Pamlico Ink - The Newspaper of the Pamlico Sound
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia adapted for use as a quick research reference on this wiki. The original content was here: Pamlico County, North Carolina. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the ENC Phillips Group Wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|