Lincoln County, North Carolina
From ENC Phillips Group Wiki
In 1782 the southeastern part of Burke County was annexed to Lincoln County. In 1841 parts of Lincoln County and Rutherford County were combined to form Cleveland County. In 1842 the northern third of Lincoln County became Catawba County. In 1846 the southern half of what was left of Lincoln County became Gaston County.
The county is divided into five townships: Catawba Springs, Howards Creek, Iron Station, Lincolnton, and North Brook.
- Catawba County, North Carolina - north
- Iredell County, North Carolina - northeast (water boundary only)
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina - southeast
- Gaston County, North Carolina - south
- Cleveland County, North Carolina - west
- Burke County, North Carolina - northwest
|Burke County||Catawba County||Iredell County|
|Lincoln County, North Carolina|
|Gaston County||Mecklenburg County|
Cities and towns
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia adapted for use as a quick research reference on this wiki. The original content was here: Lincoln County, North Carolina. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the ENC Phillips Group Wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|